Is a Christian Minority Institute established and administered by the religious congregation of the Ursulines of Mary immaculate, founded by Mother Brigida of Jesus in 1649. St. Joseph's School was started in 1964. The School aims-at education of the Catholic community around and extends its service to members of other communities to the extent possible. The school stands for academic excellence, development of skills and character formation, based on love of God and service of the people as modeled in Jesus Christ with a view to train citizens of remarkable all-round development and sincere commitment to God and country. It conducts classes upto std. X in accordance with the 10+2 pattern of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi
THE EDUCATION RIGHTS OF THE MINORITIES
- Right to establish and administer educational institutions of their choice.
- Right to appoint Governing Bodies of their Choice.
- Right to Admit students of their communities first.
- Right to appoint Principal, Headmistress and teachers of their choice provided they have minimum qualifications prescribed by the government.
- Right to take reasonable fees from students, if the educational institutions are not receiving grant in-aid from the government.
- Right to select the medium of instruction.
- Right to fix a uniform dress for the students.
- Right to teach religion and conduct worship for the children of the minority community.
- Right to admit either boys or girls or both.
- Right not to be Nationalised by the government.